Dreamforce 2019: Day 1 Highlights! #DF19
First day of Dreamforce ’19 kicked off with tons of fascinating conversations on and off stage, hands-on activities in the Campground, lots of AI and live music festival in the Dreamforest. So what are the highlights of Day 1 at Dreamforce? Here is a recap for you to catch up with other Trailblazers:
1. Customer 360 Truth
Salesforce announces Customer 360 Truth, which connects data across sales, service, marketing, commerce and more to create a single and universal Salesforce ID for each customer. In other words, all interactions and shared preferences are brought together to create a complete and unique view of customer journeys. Companies are now able to better serve and even predict customers’ needs, deliver a more personalised marketing journey, convert more sales opportunities.
2. ERP and Field Service Management
“Field service managers are often disconnected from financial information and struggle to control and manage their financial performance” said Tom Brennan, CMO of Rootstock Software. To tackle this problem, Rootstock Software launches an ERP Connector to Salesforce Field Service Lightning:
- Create invoices from work orders: disconnection from a company’s ERP often resulted in manual processes, administrative error and customer satisfaction issues. Now companies can generate invoices from work orders just with a click, plus integrated information to improve cash flows and collections.
- Leverage a 360-degree view of costs to enhance financial results: Field service managers are able to monitor gross profit margins by invoice, work order and customer. When billing for field services, managers can choose from flexible pricing options from within Rootstock’s Cloud ERP.
3. Apple & Salesforce
Two technology giants have collaborated to put productivity in your hands via exclusive learning apps available on iPhone and iPad.
- The Salesforce Mobile App, powered by AI and reimagined for iOS, delivers a powerful new user experience enabled by Einstein. By leveraging the power of Siri and Einstein Voice Assistant, you can quickly add tasks, take notes and update CRM on mobile.
- Trailhead GO, the first-ever mobile app for Trailhead, empowers Trailblazers to skill up anywhere and at anytime.
Plus, new Salesforce Mobile SDK empowers developers to build and deploy powerful Salesforce iOS apps:
- The new Salesforce Mobile SDK, optimised for Swift and iOS 13, allows Salesforce developers to quickly build and deploy Salesforce apps for iPhone and iPad.
4. Chatbot – Salesforce AppExchange
SightCall has launched SightCall Video Assistance Chatbot on Salesforce AppExchange. This is a live video solution that streamlines the flow between customer service and technical support.
First, customers still get support from Einstein Bot that uses AI capabilities to answer routine questions. However, when Einstein Bot determines that human expertise is needed, it will connect with a remote technical expert to have a live SightCall video call with customers.
Field Service teams have used SightCall to decrease truck rolls, handle inspections virtually and improve first time fix rates. On average, 69% of SightCall customers improved their time to resolution, and 81% improved first-time fix rate.
5. Field service management
Salesforce acquires field service management software provider ClickSoftware for $1.35 billion. The two companies has partnered since FSL launched in 2016. This Salesforce-ClickSoftware deal is expected to blend promising offerings of two platforms to “lead the way to the future of field service”. No need to say we are all very excited about this news at ProQuest Consulting!
6. ProQuest at Dreamforce ’19
Yes we are featured at Dreamforce! Our CEO, Aymeric Zito, commented on the astonishing success of Salesforce:
There’s a reason why there’s a community of people, all around the world, passionate about Salesforce. It’s the best enterprise platform and it’s actually fun to learn.
And finally, to keep yourself updated with all the latest news at Dreamforce, don’t forget to follow Salesforce LIVE.